These easy yet stylish paper calla lilies can be used to spruce up a room with a touch of elegance and colour. Place them in tall vases to make easy centrepieces for weddings or gather them together to make a beautiful bridal bouquet.
Doublette crepe paper orange or ivory
Stem wire 18 gauge
Air drying clay in yellow
1. Cut a doublette crepe paper of choice into half and place the half sheets one on top of other. Using a template cut a pair out.
2. Apply tacky glue and paste the 2 layers together.
To make centre:
3. Make a ball out of air drying clay. Roll onto a cheese grater to form 3 inch long roll.
4. Apply glue onto 18 gauge wire and gently push 1/2 inch into the centre. Leave aside to dry.
To form flower:
5. Place the centre onto the calla lily shape.
6. Apply glue on lower left edge of the template and fold over edges and stick.
To make the gorgeous poppy below, head to Maria’s blog for step-by-step instructions.