Whether you’re searching for a super healthy treat to pop into the kids’ lunch boxes or you’re interested in raw food recipes, these Raw Strawberry Twizzlers created by Amie Sue from Nouveau Raw are a must-try.
It’s great to know that eating healthily need not mean sacrificing the good things in life, such as cakes and sweet treats! At Nouveau Raw there are many wonderful recipes to inspire you. Do share this delicious, healthy recipe with your friends. Sharing is caring!
Raw Strawberry Twizzlers
2 cups date paste
¼ cup beetroot juice
1 teaspoon strawberry extract or 1.2 oz (34 g) bag of freeze-dried strawberries, powdered
1. To create beet juice, wash the beetroots well and rough-chop into sizes that will fit in the juicer chute. Juice. If you don’t have a juicer you can rough-chop some beetroots and blend them with a touch of water in a high-powered blender. Then place in a mesh/nut bag and squeeze the juice from the bag. A little labour intensive, but it can be done.
2. In the food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, process the date paste, beet juice and strawberry extract or freeze-dried strawberries until everything is well integrated.
3. Place the batter in a piping bag fitted with a plain star tip. Mine was about 1/4″ (6 mm) in diameter.
4. Pipe the batter onto a Teflex sheet (could use baking or parchment paper), from one edge to the other. Use steady pressure to create a straight line.
5. Dehydrate at 45 degrees C (115 degrees F) for 24 hours (you could also pop it into the oven on a low heat). Allow to cool before storing in airtight container.