This delicious pizza, created by The Chefs Toolbox, is an absolute breeze to make. Get the kids involved and experiment with different toppings.
- Como Advanced 28cm sauté pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Silicone spoon
- Silicone Egg Flip
- Digital Thermometer
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 good pinch of salt
- 1 rounded teaspoon of dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 1 cup pasta sauce of your choice
- 1 handful bocconcini cheese
- 1 cup roasted capsicum, sliced
- 1 handful basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes
1. Combine all dough ingredients in sauté pan and mix well.
2. Press dough using the tips of your fingers, until the base of the pan is covered.
3. Spread the pasta sauce onto the dough, taking it as close to the edge as possible.
4. Add other toppings of your choice.
5. Place the pan (with the pizza inside) over a medium heat and cover, making sure the vents are closed. Cook 5 minutes.
6. Turn lid to open side steam vents, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a further 20 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and, using Egg Flip, lift pizza from pan onto a board or serving platter. Serve immediately.
The salt is to enhance the flavour of the dough and the honey is the food for the yeast to grow.
The Chefs Toolbox is available in both New Zealand and Australia via party plan or online.