Elise Strachan’s frozen strawberry treats are perfect for summer parties.
The creator and host of My Cupcake Addiction – one of the most widely viewed online baking shows – shares her most dazzling and delicious dessert recipes and ingenious entertaining tips so you can throw the perfect party.
Whether you’re putting together a simple treat for a friend or an over-the-top extravaganza, baking cupcakes for the office or planning a trick-or-treat to be remembered, Sweet! Celebrations will be your go-to book in the kitchen.
Organised around special occasions throughout the year, the book includes Elise’s favourite recipes for a rustic wedding, backyard barbecue, elegant afternoon tea, colourful children’s birthday bash, and many more. There are tips on how to style your parties, with DIY projects as well.
This is a fun, creative book to suit all skill levels.
Murdoch Books, RRP $45.
Extracted with permission.
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Pops
Makes 10 frozen pops
900g coarsely chopped strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
225g cream cheese, at room temperature
60g icing sugar
Pink food colouring (optional)
125ml thick (heavy) cream
100g crushed shortbread biscuits
2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
10 wooden popsicle sticks
1. Place the strawberries in a medium bowl and sprinkle with the sugar. Allow to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and icing sugar and beat until very well combined. Pour the strawberries and any accumulated juices into the cream cheese mixture and gently fold in. For an enhanced strawberry-looking pop, add a little pink food colouring.
3. Fold in the cream using large sweeping motions. Do not overbeat.
4. In a medium bowl, stir the shortbread crumbs and butter together. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
5. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into a popsicle mould with ten 90 ml capacity cavities, filling each three-quarters full. Bang the mould on the counter to compact the mixture.
6. Spoon in the biscuit crumb mixture and press down gently to compact, add the wooden sticks, and freeze for 6 hours (overnight is best).